Tech Off Thread

3 posts

Docking windows?

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    zhuo

Hi all,

With the frustration msn messenger not being able to dock onto somewhere on my screen and also having have to manage my 20 + IE  windows, I was thinking of writting an application that does just that.

But to start off with, i just want to be able to dock an existing window and resize it, ie. be able to have control over an existing window. I know this is doable since the task bar in windows comes with "Cascade Windows", "Tile windows horizontally" etc.

What I want to get to eventually is to define a docking template invisibly and to be able dock say "MSN Messenger" inside one of the docking area.

Any ideas of where I can start off? I want to do this in .net. Alternatively if you think there is already something out there that does this, please do send me a link.

Cheers
    James

• User profile image
    balupton

I would love this too, have you seen the latest xgl vids....
    http://www.novell.com/linux/xglrelease/
    I think they do this somewhere...

Well i would like to drag a windows title bar to the side of my desktop and say if i leave it there for 2seconds it docks, and i can drag it away again.

I have no idea how to help you, but if you do it, it would be great.

• User profile image
    Deactivated User

Comment removed at user's request.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.