Tech Off Thread

3 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Docking windows?

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    zhuo

Hi all,

With the frustration msn messenger not being able to dock onto somewhere on my screen and also having have to manage my 20 + IE  windows, I was thinking of writting an application that does just that.

But to start off with, i just want to be able to dock an existing window and resize it, ie. be able to have control over an existing window. I know this is doable since the task bar in windows comes with "Cascade Windows", "Tile windows horizontally" etc.

What I want to get to eventually is to define a docking template invisibly and to be able dock say "MSN Messenger" inside one of the docking area.

Any ideas of where I can start off? I want to do this in .net. Alternatively if you think there is already something out there that does this, please do send me a link.

Cheers
    James

• User profile image
    balupton

I would love this too, have you seen the latest xgl vids....
    http://www.novell.com/linux/xglrelease/
    I think they do this somewhere...

Well i would like to drag a windows title bar to the side of my desktop and say if i leave it there for 2seconds it docks, and i can drag it away again.

I have no idea how to help you, but if you do it, it would be great.

• User profile image
    Deactivated User

Comment removed at user's request.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.