Tech Off Thread

4 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Clipboard Question

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    footballism

If we press the "Print Screen SysRq" key, the entire content of the desktop window will be put in the system clipboard, so my question is what actually is copied to the clipboard during this process, a handle to the in-memory bitmap or the bitmap itself or something else? and then how can I programmatically retrieve the content of the desktop window inside the clipboard? currently I am trying to get my work done using System.Windows.Clipboard or System.Windows.Forms.Clipboard, but it seems neither of them works for me, probably I need to resort to win32 calls:(

Sheva

• User profile image
    andokai

This might help

• User profile image
    footballism

thanks, andolai, but that's not what I need, what I need is to programmatically grab the image data already copied into the system clipboard by press the "Print Screen SysRq" key, something just as what mspaint.exe and Paint.NET do, you know, when you press the "Print Screen SysRq" key, and then open mspaint or Paint.NET, then press Ctrl+P, the entire desktop window content will be pasted, I need such kinda functionality, does anyone know how to achieve such a functionality?

Sheva

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

If you're using .NET 2.0, you can call System.Windows.Forms.Clipboard.GetImage();

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.