Tech Off Thread

2 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Framework could not be found?

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    NightCabbage

Hey guys

I'm just running through the tutorial on coding4fun
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/coding4fun/gamedevelopment/beginning/default.aspx

And I ran into a couple of problems that they didn't mention.

First off, I've never programmed with DirectX or C#.

The first problem was that the tutorial didn't mention anything about needing to add references in for the DirectX stuff, eg. Microsoft.DirectX, Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D and Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3DX

This give you errors (of course) when you try to compile after adding the file dxmutmisc.cs

So I fixed that by adding the references (which I found in program files/microsoft directx sdk/etc.)

Then it was complaining about unsafe code, so I looked that up and found out how to get rid of that problem (changing the project config).

Now all of the other errors are gone, and 1 remains, and I don't have a clue of how to get rid of it (and I've looked for answers, can't find any).
    The error:
    Error 1 The type or namespace name 'Framework' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

What's the problem?? I've done exactly as the tutorial says, and even some stuff they neglected to tell.

Anyone got any idea of what's going on?

Lol, I hate being a noob!

-NightCabbage

EDIT

Oh yes and the line that the error is on:
    Line 2189

/// Displays the switching to ref device warning, and allows user to quit if they don't want to

public static void DisplaySwitchingToRefWarning(Framework framework, string sampleTitle) {

• User profile image
    NightCabbage

Aha!!

http://www.eggheadcafe.com/forumarchives/win32programmerdirectxmanaged/feb2006/post26105098.asp

Apparently the problem was that I hadn't added all of the other files... Not that it told me to, but apparently I'm magically just supposed to do that even though they don't tell you to.

When it tells you to add:
    "C:\Program Files\Microsoft DirectX 9.0 SDK (February 2005)\Samples\Managed\Common and select the dxmutmisc.cs file."

It actually means, add all dx*.cs files.

Great tutorial... pfft lol

Anyway, given I'm not the only one with this problem, I hope it helps someone else out!!

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.