Tech Off Thread

3 posts

System.Uri

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    Sathyaish Chakravarthy

In the System.Uri class I do not understand the following properties very well, and I suspect that they have not been implemented because they yield static results on different input.

1. IsFile: Always returns false.

2. UserEscaped: I am not sure this property works either, or what it is supposed to yield. This one totally escapes me, pun intended.

3. Fragment: Because I do not fully understand the UserEscaped property, and because Fragment is supposed to return the escaped fragment of the Uri, I am not sure I know what this means. Can someone please clarify what this property is supposed to return?

Also, can someone at Microsoft confirm if the above mentioned four properties have been implemented in v1.1?

• User profile image
    Khamul

IsFile even returns false for "file://" protocol URIs?

• User profile image
    Sathyaish Chakravarthy

Oops! Sorry, I didn't expect that the IsFile property checked the HTTPElementPrefix file://. I foolishly assumed it was about the MIME type of the target file in the URI. My bad!

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.