Tech Off Thread

4 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

MS CRM Questions - Hardware etc

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    apwcodemonk​ey

Hi my company are planning on using MS CRM 3.0 with a view to moving to the next version when released.  Currently they are looking at the hardware requirements for the client machines.

They have been given wooly requirements of PIII processor with 512MB ram no indication of any other requirements, such as speed etc?  Has anyone implemented CRM and can give any real world experience suggestions of what recommended hardware should be.  My boss is currently testing CRM on a PIII 900MHZ with a gig of ram and is encountering problems with it and McAfee Virusscan is constantly running a McAfee Scan and Framework service scan - anyone any ideas?  What would be a realistic hardware requirement for clients to use CRM with?

Also does anyone know of any addresses for the MS Dynamics Developer Team's Blogs?  And does anyone know where I can find benchmark tables comparing past and present processors?

Cheers

Andy
    Expressionless

• User profile image
    harumscarum

I have never worked with MS CRM but I imagine you should have some kind of support from whomever you bought the software from. I would contact your provider or check out their support page for newsgroups/contacts ect.

• User profile image
    CplCarrot

I have emailed you some pointers and can get back to you with more details if you need them
    Charlie

• User profile image
    apwcodemonk​ey

Hi thanks I've just received your email, I've been away at Developer Developer Developer Day 3 at MS UK in Reading, and have just got home I've forwarded the mail home so will maybe in touch when I've had a word with my boss.

Cheers

Andy
    Smiley:)

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.