Tech Off Thread

2 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

How to make an installer that ask info and changes web.config settins, the installer also should exe

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    levalencia

Hello people, Has someone made this?  I need the installer to ask for some settings as this is a generic product I dont want the customer to get involved channget web.config settings.  The installer should also execute sql scripts to create the database and objects.

Tks

• User profile image
    blowdart

levalencia wrote:
    Hello people, Has someone made this?  I need the installer to ask for some settings as this is a generic product I dont want the customer to get involved channget web.config settings.  The installer should also execute sql scripts to create the database and objects.

Tks

First off it would depend on what installer you're using.

If you're using the VS MSI builder then you would create a custom action which runs at the end of the install, which tweaks the web.config file accordingly (loading it as an XML document probably and writing out the node contents you want)

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.