Tech Off Thread

6 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Server 2003 R2

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    anthq11

    In server 2003 R2, what would Terminal Services be?  It says that you can give people on non-x86-based platform remote control it, but what does that really mean?  How would you do that? Just open a web browser ype in "TERMINAL SVC" and itll work?? (I know that would never work, just showing how  I have absolutely no Idea).

    Thanks.

  • User profile image
    Lee_Dale

    Terminal Services is a service that runs on the machine and allows remote connections.

    you need a terminal client to access it such as Remote Desktop on windows machines but anything that uses the Remote Desktop Protocol can access it.

    Goto Control Panel ->Administrative Tools->Services and check that Terminal Services is started.  If its not there then

    Goto Control Panel ->Add/Remove Programs and click the windows component setup tab, you can install Terminal Services from here


  • User profile image
    anthq11

    Thanks...

    What makes it any different than the Remote Desktop in WinXPPro?

  • User profile image
    AndyC

    anthq11 wrote:

    What makes it any different than the Remote Desktop in WinXPPro?


    Terminal Services can support multiple concurrent users.

  • User profile image
    W3bbo

    AndyC wrote:
    
    anthq11 wrote:
    What makes it any different than the Remote Desktop in WinXPPro?


    Terminal Services can support multiple concurrent users.


    Windows XP supports multiple cuncurrent users ("Fast User Switching"), it just allows more than one active session Smiley

  • User profile image
    AndyC

    W3bbo wrote:
    

    Windows XP supports multiple cuncurrent users ("Fast User Switching"), it just allows more than one active session Smiley


    Pedant. Tongue Out

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.