Tech Off Thread

2 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Method not found problem

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    UlsterFry

I've just deployed a site (.net v1.1) to my host and on one page I get the error below. I never got this on my development or testing servers.

The page sets the caption property of a datagrid.
    The host server is running 2.0, I've checked the aspnet_client files and everything seems ok.

Any ideas?

Method not found: Void System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataList.set_Caption(System.String).

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: Void System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataList.set_Caption(System.String).

• User profile image
    UlsterFry

Think I found the answer, my previous google, google groups, and msdn KB searches returned sod all..  then I tried google cache,  yay for google cache!

http://66.249.93.104/search?q=cache:KTSr1W08C3QJ:mattmondok.blogspot.com/+Void+System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataList.set_Caption(System.String).&hl=en&gl=uk&ct=clnk&cd=1

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.