Tech Off Thread

6 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

PHP Schema for Visual Web Developer

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    burito

Anyone know of/writting/written a schema for using PHP in MS Visual Web Developer?

I'm looking for one, and failing finding one, will make one.

• User profile image
    W3bbo
  • User profile image
    Beetlejuice

i work with PHP almost 3 year, i just test it in VS.PHP for VS 2005 and i think it very bad...

firstly - if you are serious PHP programmer, i think you understand me (VS it`s not good idea).

secondly - my first test string was string copying(value assignment):

<?php
    strTest = "Hello";
    ?>

end VS said me: Error 1 sorry, parsing could not recover 
    so, i cant do "=" (strTest = "Hello";), why? its simple string...

Then i just stop (throw) this invention...

• User profile image
    burito

I've been using it for a few days now, and it must've been updated, nothing silly like that now...

Mind you, I would ask what alternatives there are if you think VS.PHP is soo bad, I mean, Quanta Gold doesn't suggest code like Quanta, VS and Zend do.

My environment atm is Vim7, VWD & Zend. (Well actually its quanta but I'm mandated to use XP)

Trying to get the boss to let me use a real platform, but until then... Smiley

• User profile image
    juancr

Should the code be:

<?php
    $strTest = "Hello";
    ?>

Variables start with a dollar sign. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns about VS.Php because I'll like to help you.

• User profile image
    Beetlejuice

juancr wrote:
    Should the code be:

<?php
    $strTest = "Hello";
    ?>

Variables start with a dollar sign. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns about VS.Php because I'll like to help you.

yes, i lost the simbol when i public, but in code was right
    <?php
    $strTest = "Hello";
    ?>

same error!!!... 

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.