Tech Off Thread

8 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

IE 7 Beta 3 available for download

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    abs
  • User profile image
    Rowan

Bah, talk about bad timing, I was just about to go to bed and then I find this thread. Sad

Anyway, I wonder if they fixed ANY rendering bugs...

• User profile image
    phreaks

Rowan wrote:
    Bah, talk about bad timing, I was just about to go to bed and then I find this thread. Sad

Those are bugs? I thought they were features to make surfing a lil more interesting.

• User profile image
    RNewman

Rowan wrote:

The rendering bug I reported is still there Sad

Roll on IE7 Beta 4!! Smiley

(On a sidenote, if anyone wants to take a look at this bug, I've made a webpage which displays the rendering problem.)

• User profile image
    littleguru

No Vista version?

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

littleguru wrote:
    No Vista version?

That doesn't even make any sense. Vista doesn't use IE7, it uses its own IE7+. Why would you be able to install the standalone IE7 on Vista if it's bundled?

Anyway, based on Vista 5456 build, I can say they fixed at least this rendering bug. I assume this fix is also in beta 3 for XP.

• User profile image
    littleguru

Sven Groot wrote:
    That doesn't even make any sense. Vista doesn't use IE7, it uses its own IE7+. Why would you be able to install the standalone IE7 on Vista if it's bundled?

Anyway, based on Vista 5456 build, I can say they fixed at least this rendering bug. I assume this fix is also in beta 3 for XP.

OK. You are right. I guess the in Vista new IE7+ versions come with the CTPs.

• User profile image
    Lord Holtzer

For those of you having problems installing the new IE7b3, after spending some quality time with KB articles and kind but boringly useless support pages, turns out the easiest way to overcome installation problems is to reboot into safe mode, log-in as Administrator (if the option exists) and then run setup.

Note: On one machine I've had to boot into safe mode with networking, to make WGA work - though that wasn't the case with the other two installations I've done by now.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.