Tech Off Thread

5 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Virtual Server Administration Website - Page Cannot be Found

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    MasterPi

Hey niners,

I installed Virtual Server R2 and I am having trouble accessing the administration website. 

Everytime I go to the site, I get a "The Page cannot be found" error from IE.

The directory for Virtual Server in IIS has read and execute permissions and is using integrated authentication.

I'm not sure exactly why I'm getting this error.

Thanks!

• User profile image
    Lord Holtzer

I have installed Virtual Server several times on different machines and haven't experienced such a problem...

1. Can you open the administration page locally on the server?
    2. Do other websites load from the server's IIS? (if none exist, create one)

• User profile image
    out180

Way back when this was a problem when you tried to look at the web admin page remotely.  It had to do with security settings in IE on the workstation.  If I remember right you had to add the server to "Trusted Sites" under IE Security before it would work.  This wasn't always the case.  I had intalls that worked and ones that required me to do the above.  This was a year ago.

Note however  this is about a year old in my brain and could be incorrect.  I do however know it was an issue in the past.  If of course the other comment doesn't help.

• User profile image
    MasterPi

out180 wrote:
    If I remember right you had to add the server to "Trusted Sites" under IE Security before it would work.  This wasn't always the case. 

That seemed to do it. Thanks!

• User profile image
    out180

mVPstar wrote:

out180 wrote: If I remember right you had to add the server to "Trusted Sites" under IE Security before it would work.  This wasn't always the case. 

That seemed to do it. Thanks!

Great, glad it's working.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.