Tech Off Thread

18 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Visual Studio .NET 2003 Service Pack 1 - When?

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    Klaus Enevoldsen

Hello,

Has anybody heard anything about when Visual Studio .NET 2003 Service Pack 1 is going to be released? Microsoft's site says Q2 2006 and that is too late now. Will this delay cause delays to SP1 for Visual Studio 2005?

Best regards,

Klaus Enevoldsen

• User profile image
    Klaus Enevoldsen

A big wall of silence, nobody knows anything. I can't find anything on google about this service pack. [C]

• User profile image
    Another_​Darren

I don't think the Techoff area get's as much attention as the Coffeehouse. Shame but I think you'd be better off asking there.

• User profile image
    littleguru

First it was June 2006. Since we passed that nobody really knows. I haven't heard much about it for the last few months... It's strange.

• User profile image
    rjdohnert

It should be soon, I dont know.

• User profile image
    kmorrill

I will talk to the Release Program Manager for this tomorrow and see if I can get you an answer.

Regards,

Kevin Morrill
    Lead Program Manager
    DevDiv Customer Lifecycle Team

• User profile image
    Klaus Enevoldsen

Thank you, that would be great!

/Klaus Enevoldsen

• User profile image
    ilya

kmorrill wrote:

I will talk to the Release Program Manager for this tomorrow and see if I can get you an answer.

Regards,

Kevin Morrill
    Lead Program Manager
    DevDiv Customer Lifecycle Team

Fianally someone heard our cry.
    I have posted this same question in the Coffeehouse and got nothing besides when is the 2005 sp comming out.

Thanks for taking your time to check this for us.

Ilya

• User profile image
    dotnetjunkie

Maybe they should cancel a 2003 SP and focus solely on 2005, that would be better IMO.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

dotnetjunkie wrote:
    Maybe they should cancel a 2003 SP and focus solely on 2005, that would be better IMO.

.NET1.1 isn't dead just quite yet

• User profile image
    cheong

W3bbo wrote:

dotnetjunkie wrote:Maybe they should cancel a 2003 SP and focus solely on 2005, that would be better IMO.

And actually I feel more comfortable with the VS.NET 2003 IDE than VS2005... more because I've already used it for 2 years and have made all the customization I needed.

Recent Achievement unlocked: Code Avenger Tier 4/6: You see dead program. A lot!
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    littleguru

cheong wrote:

W3bbo wrote: 
    dotnetjunkie wrote: Maybe they should cancel a 2003 SP and focus solely on 2005, that would be better IMO.

And actually I feel more comfortable with the VS.NET 2003 IDE than VS2005... more because I've already used it for 2 years and have made all the customization I needed.

Why not exporting the settings and importing them again in VS2005? After that you could get an up to date version of all the plug-ins you have installed and install them for VS2005. That's everything you need.

• User profile image
    kmorrill

I am still looking into this, but it looks like it's not as simple a question as I had thought.  Stay tuned.

• User profile image
    Klaus Enevoldsen

Microsoft have updated the servicing site with a new release date for SP 1 for Visual Studio.NET 2003: http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/support/servicing/sp1_vs03/default.aspx

• User profile image
    cheong

Klaus Enevoldsen wrote:
    Microsoft have updated the servicing site with a new release date for SP 1 for Visual Studio.NET 2003: http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/support/servicing/sp1_vs03/default.aspx

[kidding]So Microsoft finally decided to make it my birthday present?[/kidding]
    XD

Recent Achievement unlocked: Code Avenger Tier 4/6: You see dead program. A lot!
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    Thomas​Pleasance

duno whens its out but i am in the beta tho

• User profile image
    Klaus Enevoldsen

It appears that they found a serious bug in the service pack at a late time and needed to do some more testing:

http://blogs.msdn.com/ddcpxblg/archive/2006/07/17/668502.aspx

• User profile image
    Secret​Software

Have they fixed the serious bug in service pack 1 of the VS2005 release yet?

I suffer from degrading performance, and I wish that I dont have to deal with this anymore one day soon.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.