Tech Off Thread

3 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Windows domain logon combined with Novell

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    WillemM

I am building a sharepoint portal in the middle of a novell 6.5 network. We have one exchange server which has its own domain. I added the sharepoint server to this domain, so that the login is sorted by the domaincontroller.

Now the users connect to the sharepoint server and get a logindialog, which means they haven't been logged on to the windows domain. I checked and they should be logged on... at least if I have to believe the novell login.

Anyone know what this could be?

• User profile image
    WillemM

I found a temporary work around. Create a shortcut to "C:\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe http://mscrm/" and check the "run under different references" in the advanced window on the general tab of the shortcut.

When the users click the shortcut, they enter their username and password of the windows and off they go.

It isn't something I would do normally, but it works and that's what counts in this case.

Although I still wonder what could cause this weird behaviour....

• User profile image
    WillemM

Ok, problem solved!

Changed de security settings for the intranet zone in IE and enabled 'Ask for username and password' in the logon section.

Now the CRM server asks for a username and password. Everybody happy and I can continue solving other problems Big Smile

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.