Tech Off Thread

9 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Cant boot up windows

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    lck

    When the computer is ready to boot up windows,it shows the black screen.
    I use usb keyboard because ps/2 port is demaged.so I also cant use keyboard before enter windows.
    What should i do?

  • User profile image
    Pace

    Use  F11 (if I remember right) which will allow you to boot in safe mode, which loads the most basic drivers for your system to work... go into device manager and check you havent got any yellow "I's" or red "thingys" as you may have driver problems...

    After that reboot see what happens and come back if your still having a prob.

    EDIT: So boot up, straigh after post, spam F8 + F11... cant remember which one it is.

  • User profile image
    littleguru

    lck can't use a keyboard until he/she is in Windows... F11 won't do it therefore.

  • User profile image
    cheong

    Pace wrote:
    Use  F11 (if I remember right) which will allow you to boot in safe mode, which loads the most basic drivers for your system to work... go into device manager and check you havent got any yellow "I's" or red "thingys" as you may have driver problems...

    After that reboot see what happens and come back if your still having a prob.

    EDIT: So boot up, straigh after post, spam F8 + F11... cant remember which one it is.

    No... His USB keyboard won't work before successfully get into Windows...

    I think the OP should enter recovery console and see if other things can be done... (like use bootcfg.exe to edit the boot.ini file... use "/safeboot:network /sos /bootlog /noguiboot" as boot switch and see.)

    Recent Achievement unlocked: Code Avenger Tier 4/6: You see dead program. A lot!
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    Sven Groot

    cheong wrote:
    No... His USB keyboard won't work before successfully get into Windows...

    What kind of crap USB keyboard is that? My USB wireless keyboard works fine in the BIOS. Isn't there a BIOS setting that allows you using a USB keyboard in such a way, USB Legacy support or something like that?

  • User profile image
    littleguru

    Sven Groot wrote:
    
    cheong wrote: No... His USB keyboard won't work before successfully get into Windows...

    What kind of crap USB keyboard is that? My USB wireless keyboard works fine in the BIOS. Isn't there a BIOS setting that allows you using a USB keyboard in such a way, USB Legacy support or something like that?


    The computer could be old and not support it?

  • User profile image
    Chadk

    My computer supports USB emulation just fine.

    What have happend to the OS/2 port? Could it be one of your bridges that are gone partial *poof* ?

    Maybe your graphics card is damaged, and cant show a picture larger then the one BIOS outputs?

  • User profile image
    lck

    i can boot into windows if i wait some days without start the computer.If i restart the computer,it fail to boot up again.
    Is there anything to do when i can get into windows?
    Can i change bios setting without keyboard or inside windows?

  • User profile image
    cheong

    littleguru wrote:
    
    Sven Groot wrote: What kind of crap USB keyboard is that? My USB wireless keyboard works fine in the BIOS. Isn't there a BIOS setting that allows you using a USB keyboard in such a way, USB Legacy support or something like that?
    The computer could be old and not support it?

    Seems to be... as the OP has stated in the first post.

    It's crap motherboard instead if that's what you'd like to say.

    I'd say recovery console is the best bet as I'm quite sure the OHCI/EHCI and HID drivers are loaded before you have to hit "R" to boot into recovery console.

    Recent Achievement unlocked: Code Avenger Tier 4/6: You see dead program. A lot!
    Last modified

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.