Tech Off Thread

5 posts

Remove Folders, Keep Contents

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    PeterH

Hey, I have about 3000 fonts, but each is in a different folder. I need a way in which to install them all as fonts without having to go through each folder.

Is there a way to remove 3000 folders and put all the files in one folder. I noticed that when you delete a folder it says: "Delete folder and all its contents?". Can you; "Delete folder and keep its contents"?

Alterternatively is there a way to install fonts by dragging folders into the fonts control panel?

Thanks,

Peter

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Parent Folder > Search > name: "*.tff, *.fon, *.ps1, *.ps3"; Recurse subfolders > Drag results into %systemroot%\Fonts

• User profile image
    Yggdrasil

W3bbo wrote:
    Parent Folder > Search > name: "*.tff, *.fon, *.ps1, *.ps3"; Recurse subfolders > Drag results into %systemroot%\Fonts

I was all set to suggest this:

for /r c:\fonts %f in (*.*) do copy %f c:\fonts

to copy them all into one directory, but your way is much better. Smiley

• User profile image
    PeterH

Thanks, I didn't know that you could use *.%filetype% notation in search. All installed now.

• User profile image
    hostlocity

This is exactly what I want to do but I'm not sure exactly how to follow these instructions.  I tried to use the command prompt but it didn't work.  More detailed instructions on how to accomplish this in Windows XP would be appreciated.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.