Tech Off Thread

4 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Light weight xml parser in C

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    PerfectPhase

I need help! 

I'm looking for a light weight, portable SAX style parser written in C.  I don't need DTD, namespace or DOM support just a plain parser. One thing it has to be stream based, it needs to read the XML of a socket and can not buffer the whole thing into memory.

I am currently using expat but if you know of any others could you please post a link here.

Free, or cheap whould be prefered!

Thanks

Stephen.

• User profile image
    Rossj

PerfectPhase wrote:
    I need help! 

I'm looking for a light weight, portable SAX style parser written in C.  I don't need DTD, namespace or DOM support just a plain parser. One thing it has to be stream based, it needs to read the XML of a socket and can not buffer the whole thing into memory.

I am currently using expat but if you know of any others could you please post a link here.

Free, or cheap whould be prefered!

Thanks

Stephen.

You could try RXP, but I am not sure it is as fast as Expat - although it does include the features you don't want Smiley

• User profile image
    PerfectPhase

Thanks for the suggestion but it looks like I'll be sticking with eXpat now; found a bug in realloc() for the compiler/RTOS I'm using and since replacing realloc eXpat is running fine!

Always good to know about other options though.

• User profile image
    glebd

Gnome XML parser library (it's free and non-GPL), libxml2:

http://xmlsoft.org/

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.