Tech Off Thread

4 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

C# 3.0 in LINQ May CTP... Reliability?

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    Tom Servo

I was wondering if anyone has experience with the code generation of the May CTP of the LINQ stuff, in particular the new C# 3.0 compiler?

I'm considering moving my personal pet project to C# 3.0, since the final compiler probably comes out sooner than my own project. However if the compiler generates too much faulty code, I want to reconsider.

• User profile image
    boss

I have found the quality to be fine. I did a brief comparison after a talk on LINQ , if you have any questions please drop me a line.

http://blogs.blackmarble.co.uk/blogs/bm-bloggers/archive/2006/06/12/5253.aspx

b.

• User profile image
    eddwo

The only thing I've noticed is that sometime when there is a compile error it also reports lots of warnings about enum members having been "defined but never used".
    Its not really a problem, but it is a bit strange.

• User profile image
    Tom Servo

Well, while coding I had my first issue, where the compiler suddenly didn't find a certain class anymore, after changing one single line of code, that's valid according to the C# 2.0 compiler.

Ah well.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.