Tech Off Thread

3 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

FrontPage Server Extensions

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    SLTDon

I have a new server on which I have verified that FrontPage Server Extensions 2002 is installed and configured.  When I attempt to publish a web site to the server from VS2005 I get the error message "The Web server does not appear to have the Frontpage server extensions installed."

I've looked everywhere I can't find anything that hasn't already been done.

HELP!!!!!!

• User profile image
    figuerres

WHY ?

depending on the use (Production or development) you can use

publish via FTP

or via network

FrontPage is a PIA, in some setups it *NEVER WORKS*
    for example if you have multiple sites homed on a shared IP it can fail to add subwebs corretcly.

and front page is beeing depricated as MSFT will not be doing any new versions.

I love the FTP method ... just looking for IIS7 to have SSL / FTP

recall that FP adds stuff to the site.... like the _* folders that keep copies of files and the dlls it uses.

• User profile image
    Saleem Javid

Hi SLTDon,

I had the same problem and i drove me nuts.

My environment was W2k3 server with IIS 6 and VS2005. It complained that i did not FPSE installed.

So i installed FPSE through the Add/remove programs/ windows component update/application server

After that, did a IISReset

In the Administrative tools there is a link "Microsoft SharePoint Administrator" click it and it will launch a website which is Microsoft Sharepoint Administration site. In the page you will see the list of all the web sites and opposite to them you have the option <extend> just click it and viola... things will start working. Cool

Trust me I never even thought that Sharepoint is even remotely connected to FPSE. But this is how it works Perplexed

Saleem

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.