Tech Off Thread

4 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Adding an item to the desktop context mouse click

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    Code​Monkey666

I have poked around in the VS 2005 help for any info but need a few pointers.

I want to add a selection to the right mouse click on my desktop. The selection would launch my console app.

Is this possible?

• User profile image
    footballism

CodeMonkey666 wrote:

I have poked around in the VS 2005 help for any info but need a few pointers.

I want to add a selection to the right mouse click on my desktop. The selection would launch my console app.

Is this possible?

Adding some related registry key to point to your app is something you should look into, I really have no idea of which registry key you should use.

Sheva

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

It looks like this:  (to add something to the top section of the context menu for all files):

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\Shell\verb\command]
    "c:\Path to executable\program.exe" args "%1"

where verb is the text you want to put on the context menu.  %1 will be expanded to the file you right-clicked on.

Note that this only works on regular files, not folders.  I'm not sure what the registry key is for folders.

• User profile image
    Code​Monkey666

Thanks! I will give it a try

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.