Tech Off Thread

2 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

GetParserCacheItem Exception

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    ClydeFrog

Has anyone encountered this as an error? Our reporting system keeps generating the following USEFUL *sigh* error message for a couple of pages.

Level: Critical
    Type:General

Parameters:
    none
    Inner Exception:
    Message: c:\hosting\webhost4life\member\call4sitters\AccountManager.aspx
    TargetSite: System.Web.UI.ParserCacheItem GetParserCacheItem()
    Source: System.Web
    Stack Trace:
    at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItem()
    at System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.CompileAndGetParserCacheItem(String virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context)
    at System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.GetCompiledInstance(String virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context)
    at System.Web.UI.PageParser.GetCompiledPageInstanceInternal(String virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context)
    at System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, String url, String path)
    at System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, String path, String pathTranslated, Boolean useAppConfig)

HELP!! I can't find anything on MS or the web. Everything I find online talks about some IO.File messages or other exceptions that go along with it but the page in question does not access the file system.

Thanks in advance,
    -BC

• User profile image
    dgibb

Hi,

I just solved a similar problem on our system and perhaps you have the same issue. It seems that when a nonexistent resource is requested within your web app, an exception of this kind will occur on the server (and can be trapped in Application_Error). In other words, what this error really means is "404 - file not found". The Message of the exception is the filepath of the non-existent resource that was requested.

Regards
    Dave

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.