Tech Off Thread

3 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

how to issue the certificate to other user?

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    spshah

Hi all,
              I wanted to issue a certificate to my other online users. How can i do this???? The thing is i have my company issued certificate and i want the certificate to be published in my website so that other user can access my site. I am building an application in xbap of winfx. Whenever i download the application it gives me an error stating "Trust not granted" Please can anyone help me out, to how do i issue my certificate to other users to run my application.

• User profile image
    figuerres

are you talking about a code-signing cert or an SSL cert or an x509 personal cert or ?

who issued it?  a well known CA like say Godaddy's or Verisign ?
    or was it a CA run by a private company ?

you may need to read up a bit on how public key private key works.

for example if you have a web site with an ssl cert signed by / provided by say Verisign then when my browser gets your cert it looks to the issuer/signer to see if it's valid. if I "Know" that CA then all is good and if your cert passes the test I take you as valid.

if a private CA (like IIS / CertServ on server 2003) issues a cert then for me to trust your cert I first have to trust your CA's self-signed cert.

that can be done automaticaly in a windows domain via active directory.... but over the internet is rather more work.

hope that helps / gets to the right questions.

• User profile image
    spshah

Hi figuerres,

I have the certificate issued from the CA called comodo and i have also generated the pfx from the pvk and spc files which they provided me. But when i am trying to sign the assembly with this pfx, its giving me an message box stating "Object already exists" with the title "Importing key file error" How could i solve this.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.