Tech Off Thread

9 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Urgent .... Lotus Notes is good? Is it have good opportunity??

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    cssavinashi

Hai all,

I have one doubt, is working in Lotus Notes is good?

Is it have good opportunity?? Please let me know..guys..

• User profile image
    littleguru

Double post. And please remove those "urgent..." things... We listen to you, also without urgent. If nobody knows how to help, also "urgent" won't help!

• User profile image
    W3bbo

cssavinashi wrote:
    Hai all,

Lotus Notes, like most big-biz enterprise-level apps, don't have a single "Is Good" metric, it depends on your needs and existing infrastrcture.

Granted, Notes has received a lot of bad-press recently due to poor design, but I hear the new versions are much improved. Also of note, Notes isn't just a groupware solution, it's an application hosting environment, where PIM and Email are just pre-built applications that ship with it.

I don't know how well it integrates with an AD setup though or its cost-effectivness, but Exchange is definately better for things like that.

• User profile image
    Code​Monkey666

Good notes devs are about as rare a hens teeth. The market here in Texas is about 100k+ a year for a senior guy when Jobs pop up.

Ibm has pretty cool technology, of course the IDE (Notes designer) is years behind MS is some ways.

• User profile image
    Sourcecode

W3bbo wrote:

cssavinashi wrote: Hai all,

Lotus Notes, like most big-biz enterprise-level apps, don't have a single "Is Good" metric, it depends on your needs and existing infrastrcture.

Granted, Notes has received a lot of bad-press recently due to poor design, but I hear the new versions are much improved. Also of note, Notes isn't just a groupware solution, it's an application hosting environment, where PIM and Email are just pre-built applications that ship with it.

I don't know how well it integrates with an AD setup though or its cost-effectivness, but Exchange is definately better for things like that.

I disagree here. Notes is in fact a groupware/collaboration product with the ability to create composite applications. It integrates fine with AD.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Sourcecode wrote:

W3bbo wrote: 

I disagree here. Notes is in fact a groupware/collaboration product with the ability to create composite applications. It integrates fine with AD.

I said it "wasn't just a groupware solution" Smiley

• User profile image
    Sourcecode

W3bbo wrote:

Sourcecode wrote: 
    W3bbo wrote: 

I said it "wasn't just a groupware solution" Smiley

lol, you got me, sorry Smiley Read that to fast.

• User profile image
    Sourcecode

I worked with Notes some time ago for a project, basicly evaluating it (pull teeth). Needless to say extending Notes wasn't easy at the time. Perhaps now it's been greatly improved.

I'm not sure how good webdav support is on the Exchange side. I know it supports it, but never had the need.

• User profile image
    ZippyV

W3bbo wrote:

I tried to do a remote deployment of Lotus Notes...
    It was a total failure, the installation doesn't do a full install and runs all exe's and dll's from the network. They totally messed up the msi functionality.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.