Tech Off Thread

4 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Windows Form Controls Resize Question

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    Angus

I am writing a simple RSS Feed Reader and I am in the initial stages of designing the UI, I have decided on something that will look good, but I want to make sure that the controls. can resize properly when the user resizes the form. I have tried using "Anchor" and this has helped to an extent, but as the pictures below will show, it has not allowed me to make the UI as I want it to be. These pictures should explain:

Initial UI

UI after resize, with annotations

Angus Higgins

• User profile image
    phreaks

I usually use panels and place my controls on those. I dunno really, it just seems like you get better control that way.

I usually will use some splitters and dock the panels as opposed to anchoring them. Then I dock or anchor the control to the individual panels (depending on what I want the control to do)

but I am not sure, I am pretty terrible at the UI, it just works for me after I struggle with it for an hour, or four.

• User profile image
    JohnAskew

Great suggestion Phreaks, using panels and docking.

Aspect ratios and resizing have always been a pain.

• User profile image
    SimonJ

For proportional resizing you should look at the TableLayoutPanel

If you need user controlable sizing, use a SplitterPanel.

SimonJ

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.