Tech Off Thread

3 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Running an image copy off server to workstations

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    mackj

Hello everyone and happy to find such a good forum with lots of useful info. Now to my "problem". Normally when we recieve a new computer it is empty. I am wondering now that could I centrally run the image off a server to a number of computers at the same time? Since this would make my job easier and faster when I could simultaniously image a number of computers.

• User profile image
    Custa1200

http://www.microsoft.com/smserver/default.mspx Although at our work it did give inital troubles. I haven't asked the system engineers wht the current status of it is and how well it is working. I just use a Ghost image for our develpoment servers, Although if SMS is working well now I might try and get the new image I am building atm into the system. We use SMS to service in excess of 800 computers.

• User profile image
    mackj

I understood that this sms is mainly to deploy all kind of software and others such to computers that have already have an OS installed live we have Novodigm's Radia. Or am I wrong? In my case the starting point is that I have an empty computer. So can I make the computer boot off a network?

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.