Tech Off Thread

2 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Can not use Microsoft udate get an error  0x80070015

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    Gone_Mad

When i try to use MS udate v6 i get an error 0x80070015 i looked this error number up and it has to do with a windows xp and something about windows 2003 server. Which i know is not my prob LOL. when i look in the windowupdat.log I think i see my problem but not sure how to fix it can some one PLEASE help me. This is my prob

FATAL: Failed to retrieve version for D:\WINDOWS\system32\SoftwareDistribution\Setup\ServiceStartup\wuapi.dll\5.8.0.2469\wuapi.dll, error: 0x80070015
     FATAL: CSusSetupInfSection::IsUpdateRequired failed with 0x80070015
    2006-10-03 03:36:46 3860 f18 WUWeb FATAL: CheckIfClientUpdateNeeded failed: error 0x80070015

ok When i 1st installed the OS it was put on C:\\ then my pc got all jacked up so i reformatted it and reinstalled the OS (windows XP pro) and for some reason it changed my C:\\ to D:\\  ok so i did some research and i got to change my D:\\ back to C:\\ (big mistake nothing but probs LOL) ended up reinstalling the OS again right over the old one didnt reformat again i finally got all of my apps to work and everything is fine and dandy until i try to use windows update i get the error (i exported my registry and used this ultra edit program to change all the D:\\ to C:\\ in the registry everything is fine except for this windows update thing) Sorry for such a long post but i didnt want to leave anything out =)   ANY help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

• User profile image
    julianbenja​min

Some keys in the registry can't be changed.  As you can see, it's still looking for d:\. 

What you should do is determine why exactly it detected your root hard drive as D:\ instead of C:\, and then re-install. 

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.