Tech Off Thread

5 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

propblem opening an existing project in Visual Studio 2005

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    kalchev

Hello everyone,
    I have a project mady by someone else and I have to do some extra stuff on it, BUT I receieve the err :

Theproject type is not supported by this instalation
    when I try to open the solution? What should I do to go through that and to open that project?

Every advice is welcome.
    p.s. I have Visual Studio 2005 Profesional

Thank You,
    Georgi Kalchev

• User profile image
    Pace

I would check what version the app was made in, also weather it includes any third party references, made with any beta's installed etc etc.

• User profile image
    blowdart

Pace wrote:
    I would check what version the app was made in, also weather it includes any third party references, made with any beta's installed etc etc.

And if it's a web site it may be using the WebProject plugin

• User profile image
    Ang3lFir3

blowdart wrote:

Pace wrote: I would check what version the app was made in, also weather it includes any third party references, made with any beta's installed etc etc.

And if it's a web site it may be using the WebProject plugin

Which is included as part of VS2005 SP1 beta.... (yay!)

• User profile image
    kalchev

I give up:)
    Thanks to everybody but this is just kind of strange problem. As I called the company in USA they have talled me that it is possible to have problems with the VPN methods... and so on ..
    SO Thanks,
    G.Kalchev

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.