Tech Off Thread

2 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

amvideo.h for DirectShow

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    tozz88

Okay. Where the *&*^(^ is amvideo.h for DirectShow? I am trying to build the DirectShow libraries (strmbase.lib, etc) that are in the latest platform SDK (august) \
    samples\multimedia\Directshow\BaseClasses. However the makefile crashes immediately because it can't find amvideo.h. A quick perusal of microsoft support claims amvideo.h to be part of DirectX but I don't find it there either (i have August DirectX SDK installed as well).

It must be somewhere, but where? any ideas?

tozz

• User profile image
    RichardRudek

tozz88 wrote:
    Okay. Where the *&*^(^ is amvideo.h for DirectShow? I am trying to build the DirectShow libraries (strmbase.lib, etc) that are in the latest platform SDK (august) \
    samples\multimedia\Directshow\BaseClasses. However the makefile crashes immediately because it can't find amvideo.h. A quick perusal of microsoft support claims amvideo.h to be part of DirectX but I don't find it there either (i have August DirectX SDK installed as well).

It must be somewhere, but where? any ideas?

tozz

I've installed the Aug 2006 DirectX SDK just recently, and the Help file states (DirectX Components):

DirectShow is no longer recommended for game development. All of the DirectShow components (headers, libraries, utilities, tools, and samples) were removed from the DirectX SDK in the April 2005 release. DirectShow is available in the latest Platform SDK Install.

PS: My samples folder does not have a "multimedia" folder. I didn't have the DirectX SDK installed, previously.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.