Tech Off Thread

1 post

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

LINQ, BLINQ and prototyping

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    Klaus Enevoldsen

I few thoughts…

I was thinking about LINQ which is a project that I am trying to follow very closely - very interesting.

I saw, but did not try, the BLINQ project which is quite unique and very cleverly done; it creates a user interface based on the design of a database.

The BLINQ project requires that you know what you want to build before you build it, you don't always know that. A project does not have to be all that large before it is difficult for the customer to overview the whole project.

Sure you could analyze the whole company and spend 2 years to come up with the solution that you think solves every problem but when the user sees it he/she says: “Well it looks nice and I like the colors, but it is not quite what I expected”.

I am a big fan of prototyping where the customer/user gets mock-ups of the application and the developer/project manager can get feedback early in the development and try to make sure that the product going in the right direction. Sure there are a lot of problems with prototyping.

I wonder, is there a way to cleverly use LINQ or BLINQ with prototyping?

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.