Tech Off Thread

9 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

VS2005 Tab order

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    W3bbo

I'm getting annoyed by VS2005's tab order (how it always opens new windows on the left, not the right, unlike all other tabbed programs out there: VS2003, Firefox, IE7, etc), is there any way to make it use VS2003's behaviour?

• User profile image
    littleguru

Interesting find. I haven't noticed that. Is there no way to switch that?

• User profile image
    Custa1200

I asked about this a while back and it was said that it is a "feature" but there is no way to go back to the VS2003 way, GRRR. I hope they at least make it a setting in either SP1 or Orcas

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

littleguru wrote:
    Ctrl + Tab or Ctrl + Shft + F6 Tongue Out

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Ion Todirel wrote:

littleguru wrote:Interesting find. I haven't noticed that. Is there no way to switch that?
    Ctrl + Tab or Ctrl + Shft + F6

Ctrl-Tab opens the "VS Exposé" window, Ctrl+Shift+F6 just cycles back. Neither opens new tabs to the right rather than the left.

• User profile image
    Secret​Software

I like the way VS2005 tabs are ordered, I usually think in terms of queues, so when I open a new code page, while working on another, I know all the ones in the left need to be worked on. (In Queue) so its good that way 4 me.

• User profile image
    Ang3lFir3

littleguru wrote:

How is that possible? Me and W3bbo have been complaining about this for a long time. It was actually one of my first threads on C9.

Ohh and I want it Fixed!!!!! Tongue Out

• User profile image
    Secret​Software

Check the VSIDE Webblog. They are redesigning this for orcas, and give them your feedback: Here

• User profile image
    W3bbo

SecretSoftware wrote:
    Check the VSIDE Webblog. They are redesigning this for orcas, and give them your feedback: Here

When it's for Orcas, it's all well and good, but what about VS2005?

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.