Tech Off Thread

4 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Scan and send through Exchange.

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    gingibergs

Hi,
    I have a Canon iR2270 machine with the ability to scan doc's and send them as e-mail attachm. Is there something I have to set in my Exchange 2003 to be able to do this (allow relay ?)

Does anybody know what I need to do for this to work ?!?

Thanx in advance.

• User profile image
    tribalcactus

Exchange System Manager, drill into the server, protocols, smtp, then go to the properties of the default smtp virtual server.

Next, go to the Access Tab, then the Relay button and specifically add the IP of the scanner as being allowed to relay.

Note that this is ONLY required if the scanner needs to send e-mail to users outside your org.  If it only needs to send to users within your org, then Exchange will accept that mail without any problems.

Ben

• User profile image
    gingibergs

tribalcactus wrote:
    Exchange System Manager, drill into the server, protocols, smtp, then go to the properties of the default smtp virtual server.

Next, go to the Access Tab, then the Relay button and specifically add the IP of the scanner as being allowed to relay.

Note that this is ONLY required if the scanner needs to send e-mail to users outside your org.  If it only needs to send to users within your org, then Exchange will accept that mail without any problems.

Ben

GREAT.

I'll look into that Ben. This was just what I was looking for.

Thanx a million Ben

• User profile image
    gingibergs

tribalcactus wrote:

Ben

Thanks again Ben. I really appreciated your reply. I went on and added the scanner's IP to the relay.

Still, no luck. Sad

I looked at the log on Exchange and the scanner never connects. I tried telnet and that works fine but the scanner does not connect. I went on and changed the smtp server to an outside server (which has worked) but still no luck.

Any clues ?!?!?

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.