Tech Off Thread

9 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

A bug in VS2005 SP1?

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    Secret​Software

Hi guys,
    I dont know if you have experianced this or not, but When you copy a line of code in the IDE, and then paste it, it does not paste the code but an empty line of code (enter basically). I wounder if MS has fixed this in Sp1. Its really annoying.

• User profile image
    phreaks

Sorry, I have never experienced that behaviour.

Has anyone else ever had this happen to them?

• User profile image
    jwignall

I've not had this specifically but itdoes bug me when I accidentally Ctrl-C again instead of Ctrl-V on a blank line and basically copy the blank line instead of ignoring the copy command. It's the only environment where I have seen this behaviour.

• User profile image
    Secret​Software

I think the bug I am experiancing is related to yours. The IDE environment is slow. So when you put the mouse cursor on a line, and then quickly select another line with code in it, and press CTRL+Copy, the IDE is still in the previous line and thus it copies the empty line of code.

The main reason is because of Intellisence ,engine is not optimal, it just slows things down and hence we see this bug happening.

• User profile image
    BlackTiger

jwignall wrote:
    I've not had this specifically but itdoes bug me when I accidentally Ctrl-C again instead of Ctrl-V on a blank line and basically copy the blank line instead of ignoring the copy command. It's the only environment where I have seen this behaviour.

Tools->Options->Text Editor->All Languages->Apply Cut or Copy commands to blank lines...

If you stumbled and fell down, it doesn't mean yet, that you're going in the wrong direction.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    Secret​Software

Well, since this thread is about bugs in VS2005 Sp1, I thought I might ask you aslo about this bug:

---------------------------
    devenv.exe - Application Error
    Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.

Process ID=0xb58 (2904), Thread ID=0xfec (4076).

Click OK to terminate the application.
    Click CANCEL to debug the application.
    OK   Cancel  

What would cause it to crash? I tried to load an assembly as a reference in my project, and i get that error, and devenv.exe crashes without asking me to send and error report. Strange.

Edit: This error is reproducable.

• User profile image
    jwignall

Great, thanks BlackTiger. I guess you've just got to know where to look. I'd done some tweaking in there for my personal preferences but must have just completely missed that one.

*Faith restored*

• User profile image
    jwignall

I'm sorry to be posting in here as I assume I'm cross posting but can't find it elsewhere. Anyway...

Does anyone know when sp1 RTM is slated for release?

The bug i'm experiencing (217179 & 229827 on connect) is fixed for that version but I'm gonna have to get rid of sp1 beta until then.

• User profile image
    Secret​Software

jwignall wrote:
    I'm sorry to be posting in here as I assume I'm cross posting but can't find it elsewhere. Anyway...

Does anyone know when sp1 RTM is slated for release?

The bug i'm experiencing (217179 & 229827 on connect) is fixed for that version but I'm gonna have to get rid of sp1 beta until then.

in 3 months from now.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.