Tech Off Thread

8 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

The third vulnerability of IE7.

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    Mikyt

That vulnerability is about pop-up blocker.  Details at http://secunia.com/multiple_browsers_window_injection_vulnerability_test/.

secunia.com gives your a webpage to test it. I did that, but IE7 was corrupted. Can't believe it. What did they do to the browser?

Microsoft says this is the problem of Outlook Express. U think?

• User profile image
    Massif

I'm totally confused by these vulnerabilities - I just have IE7 on XP, but the second two vulnerabilities they've posted don't seem to affect me.

Really quite odd - it opened the page it was supposed to, but over the secunia page. Which I gather is the opposite of what is supposed to happen.

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

Was that supposed to actually work?

• User profile image
    Secret​Software

So much for secure by default.

• User profile image
    Mikyt

SecretSoftware wrote:
    So much for secure by default.

no secure in this crazy world.

• User profile image
    stevo_

I really can't see this being exploited, I mean- how many people are going to leave a dodgy site open while in another window/tab they access their bank details that has a popup login window?

My 'rents don't even understand the concept of having more than one window/tab open anyway. If I asked them to launch a program- they close everything and launch the program (don't quite think they grasped the point of the taskbar and minimized windows Tongue Out)

• User profile image
    dentaku

This this is in essence an example of how well the IE7 pop-up blocker works.

With the blocker on, everything works correctly. With it off it goes to a different site. Lots of bugs can be used in malicious ways, this one might be used that way but it's hardly anything to be alarmed about.

• User profile image
    PaoloM

In Vista everything works fine.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.