Tech Off Thread

2 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Exchange 2003 Outlook Web Access issues

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    mig

I am having a few issues on my Exchange 2003 setup, we have various off-site staff members that use OWA and here are the two problems that are happening:

1) Password changing via IE (6/7) gives me "Error No. 5", but at the same time I can change the password successfully via Firefox (1.5/2.0).

2) A password change was forced on a user, but she couldn't change it in IE7 and when she tried it in Firefox she kept on getting 403/Forbidden replies, when she got into the office she changed her password and got into the system, however OWA is still giving her the 403/Forbidden reply, I went to the Exchange box and saw that OWA was disabled for her (I didn't disable it though), was this done automatically, why?  Is this configurable?

If anyone can shed some light on this I'd appreciate it.

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

mig wrote:
    I am having a few issues on my Exchange 2003 setup, we have various off-site staff members that use OWA and here are the two problems that are happening:

1) Password changing via IE (6/7) gives me "Error No. 5", but at the same time I can change the password successfully via Firefox (1.5/2.0).

2) A password change was forced on a user, but she couldn't change it in IE7 and when she tried it in Firefox she kept on getting 403/Forbidden replies, when she got into the office she changed her password and got into the system, however OWA is still giving her the 403/Forbidden reply, I went to the Exchange box and saw that OWA was disabled for her (I didn't disable it though), was this done automatically, why?  Is this configurable?

If anyone can shed some light on this I'd appreciate it.

IE and OWA in some situations seems to need the domain in front of the username when it wouldn't need it in Firefox, as I recall.   Like SOMEDOMAIN\User.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.