Tech Off Thread

1 post

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Pack Installer Beta released!

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    JKelley

Hey everyone...

On Friday I got the Beta version of the Pack Installer released to CodePlex.  Head on over to pick up the release.  If you have things you like or don't like about it, leave me a note either here or on my blog and I'll see what I can do.

New features in the tool:

Sorting of the tools by several categories

Uninstall directly from the UI

Nifty new license agreement page - This is actually important because it will mean more flexibility in the future with regards to the tools we can release.

We also have a bunch of new tools you can download with the Pack Installer:

ILMerge - This tool rocks!  I actually use it when I put the release of Pack Installer together.  It lets you merge assemblies together so you can have a low footprint deployment.

Microsoft Best Practices Analyzer 1.0 - A new Power Toy from our team, the shipping version comes with an ASP.NET configuration analyzer and a nifty plug-in model for enhancement.

XML Notepad 2006 - Because really, who DOESN'T need a good XML editor?  I find this is very handy to have around.

Visual Basic Power Packs - 2 Packs released by the VB team to enhance your VB development experience. 

Thanks!

-Jeremy

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.