Tech Off Thread

2 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

VS 2005 conversion and web services

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    Red5

I have a project I am converting from VS 2003 to VS 2005.
    The project has a couple of web references to some web services located on one of our intranet servers.
    The project converts successfully without any compilation errors, but upon running the application, I get the following:

Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: BC30002: Type 'qesrprt03.ReportMaker' is not defined.

Source Error:

Line 281:        If CStr(CurrentSettings.Environment).ToUpper = "DEVELOPMENT" _
    Line 282:           OrElse CStr(CurrentSettings.Environment).ToUpper = "CONTROL" Then
    Line 283:            Dim rm As New qesrprt03.ReportMaker
    Line 284:            rm.ReportGen(objSystemComponentLog.ID, CurrentSettings.UserEnv, strPrintLang, strPrinterOverride, 0, 0, blnIncludeHeaders, strExtension, CurrentSettings.IP, "N", "ScorePoint")
    Line 285:        Else

I tried removing and reattching the web references but no luck.

Anyone else run into this? 

• User profile image
    Red5

Nevermind.

For some reason the code requires you to provide the fully qualified namespace, which I did.
    Problem fixed.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.