Tech Off Thread

2 posts

Script to recycle appDomain?

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    Eric Falsken

Does anyone have a script that can recycle an appDomain? I'm tired of running iisreset just to kick one misbehaving website.

• User profile image
    blowdart

Eric Falsken wrote:
    Does anyone have a script that can recycle an appDomain? I'm tired of running iisreset just to kick one misbehaving website.

Are you getting application pool and app domain confused here?

You could bounce an app domain simply by "touching" the web.config for that application, but you mention iisreset which leads me to believe you mean application pool. You can configure those to recycle on a periodic basis, and of course create a new pool to isolate your bad app.

Furthermore you can unload applications using ADSUTIL in your c:\inetpub\adminscripts directory;

adsutil.vbs APPUNLOAD  w3svc/1/root

If you want a command line to recycle a pool you can grab the utilities from the TechNet article Inside Microsoft.com. It just automates the WMI calls you need to make.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.