Tech Off Thread

8 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

VS.NET multi-monitor setup question

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    phreaks

How can I get VS.NET (2005) to use my multi-monitor setup more efficiently? I don't know much about this sort of thing and am sure I am terribly misusing my setup.

I usually, just run certain things on one side or the other.
    For instance, I am currently running, VS.NET on the left, and Query Anaylzer on the right.

Is there a way to have VS.NET Span the entire monitor, or better yet, get my properties and class explorer windows on one side and my Code window on another?

• User profile image
    W3bbo

That's what I've got. (Also works well for VS2005, VS2002, VSInterdev, but not VB6 or VC6)

Just undock the panels to their own windows, clump them all into a single window, then move the single giant window around.

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

Same here. Clicky.

• User profile image
    phreaks

super. Thanks for the tips.

• User profile image
    Minh

W3bbo, you've made it BIG, my friend.

-----

Employee Internet Access Error - #403 Forbidden

The item you are attempting to access generated a user error indicating that you are not an authorized user. Some sites and content types are blocked from access due to HR and/or Information Security policies. If this site is required by your business line, please submit an approved request to the Information Security shared mailbox (*****) requesting its availability. Please include the complete web address and your business justification in the email.

You were denied access because:

Access denied by SmartFilter content category. The requested URL belongs to the following category: Personal Pages.

DATE: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 21:41:30 GMT

URL: http://www.w3bdevil.com/misc/vs2003dualmon.png

USERNAME: *****

NETCACHE BOX: *****

CATEGORY: Personal Pages

Employees may access the Internet consistent with established ***** policies. The use of the Internet and the information available on it is for conducting ***** business only and is not intended to be used for personal activities. In addition, all use of the Internet is to be consistent with existing HR and Information Security policies. All use is governed by these policies and monitored for violations or attempted violations.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Minh wrote:
    W3bbo, you've made it BIG, my friend.

-----

Employee Internet Access Error - #403 Forbidden

The item you are attempting to access generated a user error indicating that you are not an authorized user. Some sites and content types are blocked from access due to HR and/or Information Security policies. If this site is required by your business line, please submit an approved request to the Information Security shared mailbox (*****) requesting its availability. Please include the complete web address and your business justification in the email.

You were denied access because:

Access denied by SmartFilter content category. The requested URL belongs to the following category: Personal Pages.

DATE: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 21:41:30 GMT

URL: http://www.w3bdevil.com/misc/vs2003dualmon.png

USERNAME: *****

NETCACHE BOX: *****

CATEGORY: Personal Pages

Employees may access the Internet consistent with established ***** policies. The use of the Internet and the information available on it is for conducting ***** business only and is not intended to be used for personal activities. In addition, all use of the Internet is to be consistent with existing HR and Information Security policies. All use is governed by these policies and monitored for violations or attempted violations.

Whoa, I'm now ranked along the likes of Maddox, or Richard Kyanka.

How do they define "personal pages"? Personal home pages can be useful sources of information, such as research scientists or artists, so how does this work?

• User profile image
    Code​Monkey666

I simply right click on the window (tab) and say make new verticle tab group.

It's hard for me to code with two screens now Tongue Out

• User profile image
    Minh

W3bbo wrote:

Whoa, I'm now ranked along the likes of Maddox, or Richard Kyanka.

How do they define "personal pages"? Personal home pages can be useful sources of information, such as research scientists or artists, so how does this work?
    It's probably based on domain name. They even block wikipedia & blogs.msdn.com, so, yeah, not the most enlightened of employer.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.