Tech Off Thread

2 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Problem installing the Windows SDK 6.0.6000.0

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    gdesroches

I posted this in the MSDN forums, but nobody has replied yet, so I thought I'd post it here.

I have Windows XP Professional x64 Edition. I have a system partition which is 8GB (D:). I have a separate partition for programs and documents (E:). I also have a big scratch partition (F:). My temporary directory is on the F: drive.

Currently, the D: drive has about 100MB of free disk space. Since only system components are installed here and my swap file is on a separate partition, this is enough space. The E: drive has about 25GB free. The F: drive has about 30GB free.

When I run the Windows Vista / .NET Framework 3.0 SDK setup, it asks me for two folder locations. One for the SDK files and another for SDK samples. I set both to directories on the E: drive. When I go to the next step, it says I need 600MB+ on my D: drive in order to continue. I went back and made sure both of my selected directory locations were on E:. Unfortunately, the SDK still demands 600MB+ of my system drive. I have gone through my D: drive to find stuff I can delete and I still am not even close to having enough room. Why is the installer demanding space from the system drive? Is there a way I can work around this?

• User profile image
    troposphere

Some stuff just has to go on the boot drive.  Your best move would be to use a partitioning program to resize the boot partition and make it a lot bigger.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.