Tech Off Thread

7 posts

Vista: Turning off wake on mouse?

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    typemismatch

I have a laptop, if I put it into sleep and then unplug my mouse - (heaven forbid I'd want to move my laptop) - it resumes from sleep and I can't find a way to disable this ....

Vista RTM.

thanks

• User profile image
    primortal

I've had similar problems, but my laptop was waking from hibernation not sleep.  Someone mentioned to me that it might be happening is that vista is checking for updates and forgetting to go back to sleep once its done checking.  Disable the automatic updates and see if the problem continues.

• User profile image
    SwamiYogurt

USB Mouse? Does (un)plugging another USB device (memory stick, webcam, etc.) do the same thing?

• User profile image
    Ayhan OZTURK

usb to arise from Perplexed

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

typemismatch wrote:
    I have a laptop, if I put it into sleep and then unplug my mouse - (heaven forbid I'd want to move my laptop) - it resumes from sleep and I can't find a way to disable this ....

Vista RTM.

thanks

I'd check and see if there's a setting in the BIOS configuration to disable resume on USB.

• User profile image
    typemismatch

There is no setting in the bios and its only the usb mouse - all other usb devices do nothing when un-plugged and erm it didn't do this on xp Smiley

-c

• User profile image
    saporis

I have not played around enough in Vista, but go into the System/Hardware browser, select your mouse, and go into adv. properties.  

Look for the {Power Management} tab.  Unselect all obvious options.

This was atleast 5 months ago...so I apologise if I am off the mark.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.