Tech Off Thread

4 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Does Visual Studio have an "advanced mode" now?

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    Eric Falsken

I'm back on XP for a short time, but I had to reinstall Visual Studio. Now a bunch of the features I'm used to (like my Immediate Window) and the debug toolbar with "step in" "step out" "step over" are all missing. There are other things, but those are the most obvious. Where'd all the useful stuff go?

To head off the obvious, I've tried resetting my profile, deleting my VS preferences folder(s), and looking through all the menus. I'm pretty sure most of the options are nowhere to be found except in the "customize toolbar" dialog.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

You'll find the Debugging-specific windows, like Immediate (which worked better in 2003, IMO) are under Debug > Windows, rather than View > Other Windows

• User profile image
    magus424

Visual Studio supports storing specific window layouts, and has several defaults - some of the defaults don't have all those windows, so you need to re-enable them manually.

You can then save a window layout under Window -> Save Window Layout as...

• User profile image
    Eric Falsken

How do I load the other layouts?

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.