Tech Off Thread

3 posts

.NET WinForms toolbar glitch?

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    object88

Is this a glitch or am I doing something wrong?

I create a .NET ToolBar, and dock it on the right or left of some control.  I fill it up with ToolBarButtons, some of which are seperators.  Where there are seperators, there is a vertical line to the right of the icon, and one below.  Although, this does not happen if the last button before a seperator is a dropdown button.

When the toolbar is docked on the top, I only get one seperator, as expected.

I haven't played with this much, so there is quite likely something I've missed.  Thanks for any advice!

• User profile image
    Kaelan

object88 wrote:
    Is this a glitch or am I doing something wrong?

I create a .NET ToolBar, and dock it on the right or left of some control.  I fill it up with ToolBarButtons, some of which are seperators.  Where there are seperators, there is a vertical line to the right of the icon, and one below.  Although, this does not happen if the last button before a seperator is a dropdown button.

When the toolbar is docked on the top, I only get one seperator, as expected.

I haven't played with this much, so there is quite likely something I've missed.  Thanks for any advice!

This actually seems to be a bug in the standard comctl toolbar control. I've seen this in my VB6 apps as well.

• User profile image
    object88

Darn.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.