Tech Off Thread

5 posts

Beginner WPF Tutorial?

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    darklotus

I downloaded the RC of Blend recently just to see what it was and i figured out what it was. I am wondering if there is a simple tutorial somewhere to help understand WPF and how it works. I am also looking for something to explain all the features of the xaml language and how i can compile these apps since there isnt really a way through VS 2005. This is all possible with just the 3.0 framework right or is there some beta component that isnt released yet?
    Thanks!

• User profile image
    StevieLINQ

One site with a lot of Blend Tutorials is http://ExpressionBlend.com.  This site is run by a friend of mine, and he is currently to top rated tester for Expression Blend is also due to have a book on Expression Blend published by Sams.

It is planned that this site will become a pay to use site, but the sign up fee will be quite small and there are also plans to link up with the owners of the ExpressionWeb.com website so that signing up aslo gives you access to that site.

• User profile image
    Christian Moser

StevieLINQ said:
    One site with a lot of Blend Tutorials is http://ExpressionBlend.com.  This site is run by a friend of mine, and he is currently to top rated tester for Expression Blend is also due to have a book on Expression Blend published by Sams.

It is planned that this site will become a pay to use site, but the sign up fee will be quite small and there are also plans to link up with the owners of the ExpressionWeb.com website so that signing up aslo gives you access to that site.
    Hi,

you can find a good tutorial here:  WPF Tutorial.net

Greetings
    Christian

• User profile image
    jh71283

Christian Moser said:
    StevieLINQ said:
    *snip*
    Hi,

you can find a good tutorial here:  WPF Tutorial.net

Greetings
    Christian

• User profile image
    Curt Nichols

jh71283 said:
    Christian Moser said:
    *snip*

Though he's promoting his own site, Moser's link appears it might have useful WPF content, whereas the previously given link has no content. It appears his post added value to this thread.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.