Tech Off Thread

8 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

MSDN subscription - Welcome email

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    RoryBecker2

I purchased an MSDN subscription on monday at about 14:00GMT and various emails shot back and forth. I have (digitally) signed an agreement and I believe I am awaiting a "Welcome Email" but I have no Idea how long this will take or how many more steps there will be.

I am really looking forward to being able to get at the subscriber downloads.

Can anyone tell me how much longer I'm going to have to wait and perhaps how may more steps there are?

Thanks

Rory

• User profile image
    ZippyV

A week or 2.

• User profile image
    RoryBecker2

Really ... that long. I'm only after a "benefits key" (erm I think).

That should be electronically shippable in mere seconds.

That really blows.

Rory

• User profile image
    ZippyV

RoryBecker2 wrote:
    I'm only after a "benefits key" (erm I think).

That should be electronically shippable in mere seconds.

It ships on a plastic card together with a lot of DVD's and a bag to put everything in.

• User profile image
    RoryBecker2

For those who are interested, I recieved the last email that I felt I would need on Friday at about 07:00GMT this contained the final information neseccary for me to both download and install (With keys). I have already installed both vista and VS2005.

I have to date recieved nothing through snailmail.

This could not be done until I had the email this morning which then allows me to allocate the benefits associated with our subscription.

I have allocated a set of media to myself and I will update this thread when it arraived so that people can see search against this thread and discover how long the process took for me.

I'm not sure it matters but I am based in the Uk.

Thanks to ZippyV for his help and information

• User profile image
    quango

Actually it depends on what type of MSDN subscription you purchase. I purchased the eOpen volumen license MSDN version with a two year subscription - you only get an email with the login details to the eOpen site (which took about 24hrs before it was activated there) and then I was able to create my MSDN subscription from that.

It's also a lot cheaper than the 'packaged' one year retain MSDN sub.

• User profile image
    cheong

When I ordered my MSDN subscription this year, the benefit number does not come with my starter package (seems could be forgetten or something else) and no email has sent to me contain the benefit number.

So I emailed the support at one.microsoft.com (I ordered it online there) and received my benefit number 3 business days later.

Possibly you should do this too.

Recent Achievement unlocked: Code Avenger Tier 4/6: You see dead program. A lot!
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    RoryBecker2

quango wrote:

Actually it depends on what type of MSDN subscription you purchase. I purchased the eOpen volumen license MSDN version with a two year subscription - you only get an email with the login details to the eOpen site (which took about 24hrs before it was activated there) and then I was able to create my MSDN subscription from that.

It's also a lot cheaper than the 'packaged' one year retain MSDN sub.

Yup we did likewise, although we got the 3 year version.

I was just chomping at the bit to get my downloads Smiley
    In truth however, ordering Monday afternoon and completed by Friday morning is not really that bad.

And you're right about it being cheap.

I'm not sure people like advertising on C9 but we bought ours from GreyMatter in the uk.

With discounts (applicable in March this year) the cost was ~£309 each user per year payable at the start of each year. ( I forget if that includes local VAT)

A good deal either way.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.