Tech Off Thread

4 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Changing Targeted .Net Framework - Visual Studio Orcas

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    nodtek

Hello and thanks for having me.

I have been trying to find an answer to this everywhere, but it appears I am failing terribly.

I am trying to find how to change the .NET Framework version Visual Studio Orcas BETA1 targets when creating an application in VB or C#? As far as I can tell by default the .NET Framework version Orcas targets is 3.5. I want to be able to change this to 1.1, 2.0 & 3.0 accordingly. This is a feature I thought was available, I just can't seem to find it anywhere.

From what I have read and from a video I have watched at Channel9.MSDN this is definately a feature available in the new Visual Studio but is it actually available in the current BETA1? I thought it was.

According to this video it's possible:
    http://channel9.msdn.com/Showpost.aspx?postid=302229

Third post in this thread also says its possible:
    http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1406581&SiteID=1

Before this new feature in Visual Studio users would have to load different versions of Visual Studio on their PC's for targeting specific version of the .NET Framework (or use a different IDE with specific .NET Framework SDK - Like SharpDevelop). But from what I understand Visual Studio Orcas is here to change that, allowing one version of Visual Studio to be loaded on a users PC to target any version of the .NET Framework.

Perhaps I am looking at this completely wrong and I have gotten my information mixed up. If so please advise. If anyone can lend a hand and show me how to do this I would appreciate it a lot.

Thanks kindly,
    nodtek

• User profile image
    ben2004uk

In Orcas Beta 1 there is a dropdown on the top right of the new project window where you can select the frameworks.

On existing projects, its in the project properties dialog of the solution - where you setup other things like publishing and assembly information.  Again, there is a dropdown.

Not sure pre-Beta 1.  I think there was a small icon on the new project window which expanded to give you the options.

• User profile image
    nodtek

Sorry I'm using BETA1 - Got the versions incorrect.

As for this drop down box, I can't seem to find it (definately using BETA1 I just checked) - Are you able to take a screenshot for me please?

Thanks kindly.

• User profile image
    wkempf

nodtek wrote:
    Sorry I'm using BETA1 - Got the versions incorrect.

As for this drop down box, I can't seem to find it (definately using BETA1 I just checked) - Are you able to take a screenshot for me please?

Thanks kindly.
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.