Tech Off Thread

4 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

ASP.NET get Info from Debit Card machine

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    t3ngf0ung

Is there any way for ASP.NET get transaction information from Debit Card machine. Directly or indirectly doesn't matter.

For example:
    A customer owning a debit card and go to supermarket to buy some stuffs. When he going to pay for the stuffs, he will go to cashier counter and use his debit card to purchase it. So the debit card will be checked by a machine and transaction done.

I want the buylist with the price information to be sent into my server (only the buylist with price info.) in real-time and the server is using ASP.NET.

I'm stuck with this problem for applying into my assignment (I'm a college student). If there any guide or logic willing to share, I'll be greatly appreciate it. Thank you Smiley

• User profile image
    ben2004uk

Look into web services.  ASP.net is only a way to display the data - not process it...

• User profile image
    odujosh

Yea Ben has it right. Your talkin at the DataAccess Layer but asking about presentation layer technology. Check out WCF, Web Services, etc.

• User profile image
    t3ngf0ung

I get the meaning, thanks a lot Smiley

I'll do some research on WCF see if it can help.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.