Tech Off Thread

3 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Browser Issue?

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    flipper0919

Not sure if this is the right place to be asking the question, but I'm running out of places to search.  Hopefully someone can help.

Here's my dilemma.  Keep in mind this works great in IE, but my problem is with FireFox.

I have a secured web site in which customers log into.  1 of my pages, which is like a catalog page, has numerous product images (asp:imagebutton tags) with an asp:linkbutton tag underneath the image.  This page is built dynamincally at runtime using a DataList control.

When I click on either the image (imagebutton) or linkbutton it takes me to a product detail page.  This works great in both IE & FireFox. 

When I use the browser's back button (FireFox only;  IE works fine) to take me back to the summary page and I try to click on any product image (imagebutton), nothing happens.  I can still click on the linkbutton and that will take me to the product detail page, but the imagebutton appears to have lost the events attached to it because nothing happens.  Again this is a result of using the browser back button in FireFox.  IE works fine.

Here is a snippet of my asp.net code.  Hopefully this helps

<asp:datalist id="RewardList" runat="server" RepeatDirection="Horizontal" ShowFooter="False" ShowHeader="False" GridLines="None" RepeatColumns="3" CellPadding="0" CellSpacing="0">
     <ItemStyle VerticalAlign="Top"></ItemStyle>
     <SelectedItemStyle CssClass=""></SelectedItemStyle>
     <ItemTemplate>
      <div id="item">
       <asp:ImageButton ID="RewardImageButton" AlternateText='<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "Name")%>' CommandName="ShowItemDetail" CommandArgument="<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, IDFieldName)%>" Runat="server" Height="100" Width="140" ImageUrl="<%# GetImageTag((string)DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, ImageFieldName))%>"></asp:ImageButton><br /><br />
       <asp:LinkButton ID="RewardLinkbutton" CommandName="ShowItemDetail" CommandArgument="<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, IDFieldName)%>" CssClass="Links" Runat="server">
        <%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "Name")%>
       </asp:LinkButton>
       <p><strong><%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "Points","{0:0}")%>&nbsp;<%# GetUnitType()%></strong></p>
       <p><asp:linkbutton id="AddToCartButton" CssClass="item_links_active" runat="server" CommandName="AddToCart" CommandArgument="<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, IDFieldName)%>">Add to cart</asp:linkbutton>
        <asp:Label ID="OutofStock" CssClass="OutofStock" Runat="server">OUT OF STOCK</asp:Label>
       </p>
      </div>
     </ItemTemplate>
     <SeparatorTemplate>
      <div class="search_results_sep" id="seperator" runat="server"></div>
     </SeparatorTemplate>
    </asp:datalist>

I appreciate any help you can give on getting this scenario to work in FireFox.

Thanks so much.

--Flip

• User profile image
    flipper0919

Is this the proper forum to be asking the above question?  If not, can someone point me to the proper place.

If this is the proper place, has anyone come across my described problem?  And how can it be resolved in FireFox?   Perplexed

Thanks.

• User profile image
    stevo_

Why not just change the template to a hyperlink around an img. Cutting the server side call back for a redirect would be a good idea.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.