Tech Off Thread

2 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Monochrome uncompressed BMp Saving vb.net

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    xgamer

Hi 
    I am trying to create BMP file to print on Epson Receipt printers using OPOS. Epson printers only allow - BMP File which are Monochrome, 16 color (4 bit ) or 256 Color (8-bit) and should be uncompressed format.

I tried working 1bppIndexed  Bmp. However the printer does not seem to except it. Currently the technique I am using is saving the image first as "GIF" ( 8 bit ) and then again saving it as bmp. However would like to know any techniquie for saving Uncompressed monochrome ( 1 bit ) bmp in Vb.net

Thanks

Satish

• User profile image
    figuerres

xgamer wrote:
    Hi 
    I am trying to create BMP file to print on Epson Receipt printers using OPOS. Epson printers only allow - BMP File which are Monochrome, 16 color (4 bit ) or 256 Color (8-bit) and should be uncompressed format.

I tried working 1bppIndexed  Bmp. However the printer does not seem to except it. Currently the technique I am using is saving the image first as "GIF" ( 8 bit ) and then again saving it as bmp. However would like to know any techniquie for saving Uncompressed monochrome ( 1 bit ) bmp in Vb.net

Thanks

Satish

Ah the joys of Epson OPOS!  Big Smile

I'll have to see later if I can hack up some code, I have played around a bit with .net image loading and saving so I think I may have the right code if I look.

By the way, don't you wish they would update that darn thing to be a bit more of a .net version??

like the way it never throws an expection, you have to ask if the print command failed.

or the way it drops an icon on the form, making you move it around some times?

If I get some time I am thining of writing some kind of wrapper class that hides the raw OPOS gunk and makes it look like a .Net class with enums and methods and throwing excpetions ....

any thoughts on that ??

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.