Tech Off Thread

2 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Changing Proxy Settings of Web Browser (C#.Net)

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    Rupinder​Bhullar

Hi....

I have developed a windows application ..on which there are three web browser controls...all navigate to same web URL.... But for each web browser...proxy settings should be different... currently i am setting proxy in registery...with following code

private void Change_IE_Settings(String strProxy, bool action)
    {
    RegistryKey RegKey = Registry.CurrentUser.OpenSubKey("Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Internet Settings", true);
    if (action == true)
    {
    RegKey.SetValue("ProxyServer", strProxy);
    RegKey.SetValue("ProxyEnable", 1);
    }
    else
    {
    RegKey.SetValue("ProxyEnable", 0);
    }
    }

But with these all three web browser's have same proxy settings...I need all three should have different proxy settings.Please suggest solution or any alternate of this problem.

Thanks in advance

Rupinder
    Connoisseur Infotech Pvt. Ltd.
    www.econnoisseur.com

• User profile image
    cheong

I don't think it can be done with registry settings. (You're asking for using the same application to view the same end-point in different route.)

I seriously doubt if it can be done, because it seems only 1 iexplore.exe instance can be run in the session. (See, if one instance of IE hangs and you kill it, all the opened IE browser windows are closed.) So I suspect they also share settings.

The best I can think of is using Virtual PC to bring 2 more VMs then you can run IEs from those 3 environment. Each instance won't interfere with each other.

Recent Achievement unlocked: Code Avenger Tier 4/6: You see dead program. A lot!
    Last modified

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.