Tech Off Thread

1 post

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Fingerprint Reader SDK for IBM Thinkpad T60 laptops.

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    Yggdrasil

Good morning.

I've got a new laptop, an IBM ThinkPad T60. It comes with a fingerprint reader for login and such, which is pretty cool. However, I'd like to take it further, though, and write a program that listens to events from the reader and launches custom programs/code based on it. Of course, I would like the use hte data from the ThinkVantage Enrollment database, so I'll know what finger was swiped - that way I can launch a specific program based on the finger used.

I only want to do this INSIDE a user session. I don't want to override or mess with the security/credentials bit. Just using it as another input device.

Does anyone know of any documentation, or if it's at all possible? I couldn't find anything on the IBM/Lenovo site, Googling only pointed me towards UPEK, apparently the manufacturer of the hardware, but they only offer SDKs as part of their Partner Program.

Thanks.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.