Tech Off Thread

3 posts

Anyone know how to disable INDIVIDUAL balloon tips?

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • BitFlipper

I am so sick and tired of useless balloon tips. I know about the registry tweak to disable ALL balloon tips, but there are a few that I think are vital so I don't want to go that far.

Specifically, I am sick of the balloon tip telling me that not all of my Start Menu items fit on the Start menu, and helpfully suggests that I increase my (already maxed) screen resolution (duh!).  I did not add any additional Start menu items myself, and I already increased the size of the Start menu to go all the way to the top.  So what the hell else am I supposed to do about it?

Next, I hate being told repeatedly that "Live OneCare Update: Live OneCare is up to date".  Gee thanks for telling me that bit of useless info.  Over and over again.

This is especially annoying since I have the Start menu set to auto hide.  When one of these useless notifications pop up, it unhides the task bar and keeps it displayed until I manually close the balloon tip.  Arrggg!!!!

• skries

Not sure if this will do but here is some help.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307729

SKries

• tamir

Each baloon from each application has its own settings and mostly can be disabled. So, you have to do it for each app and app

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.